Friday, October 19, 2007

Thanks Joe!

I am not sure that I know how I feel about Joe Torre not coming back next year. I don't think that the Yankees front office treated him like they should have, however, this does give the Yankees a chance to start fresh with all the young guys coming up now. It reminds me a lot of when Pettitte, Posada, and Rivera made there way up as Torre came along. For Phil Hughes, Joba Chamberlain, Ian Kennedy, Shelley Duncan there first complete year in the majors will be with a new skipper.

Anyway, as Yankees fan I think we all have to thank Joe Torre for the excellent job he did over 12 seasons. He made the playoffs every year, won 6 League Championships and 4 World Championships. The two years that the Yankees lost in the World Series, the series ran 7 games in 2001 and 6 games in 2003. Every Yankees team he coached had a different story, from the dominance in 1998 to the huge comeback from 14 games back in 2007. For me, I have had all kinds of fun during the Joe Torre era. I don't know how it would have been under a different manager, but I am thankful Torre was around over those years.

I hope the next manager can step in and get us back to the place the Yankees belong, the WORLD SERIES!!!

Go Yankees!

No comments: