Monday, August 18, 2008

The Blame Game- Posada/Matsui

This will probably be my last post in this series.

Posada came into the year after a career year and getting a huge new contract. He wasn't terrible but he certainly wasn't what he was last year. His play was affected by his injury. Runners could steal at will. Finally they decided to shut him down when they got Pudge Rodriguez. The trade for Pudge helped make the catcher position not a total disaster but he was still a dissapointment.

Matsui's injury also took a huge bat out the lineup. The offense has struggled this year and Matsui is a big reason why. They`ve had to juggle with mediocore to just plain bad hitters at DH without him. Now he`s making his way back from injury and could play tomorrow. However, it may be to late.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey I stumbled upon this blog today. I hope you're not working toward becoming a journalist. I'd recommend two things, make sure you use complete sentences and also to try to back up your arguments with reasons. You tend to state things quickly and move on without giving a proper example or reasoning.

I'm not trying to flame you, I hope you take this as good criticism. You have had a good start and have been consistent for a little while now. That's a good start. I'd suggest taking more time with each post and take a writing class.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, for the advice. Its just a hobby though. I`m not planning on making any money off of it.

Also, the post you commented on isn't my best work. I was kind of in a rush at the the time.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, for the advice. Its just a hobby though. I`m not planning on making any money off of it.

Also, the post you commented on isn't my best work. I was kind of in a rush at the the time.

Shannon Sanchez said...

Thanks, for the advice. Its just a hobby though. I`m not planning on making any money off of it. Also, the post you commented on isn't my best work. I was kind of in a rush at the the time.