Sunday, August 10, 2008

Swept

This was an incredibly frustrating series for Yankees fans.

I only caught bits and pieces of this game. I heard about the A-Rod steal later on and judging by the replay he was safe. I agree with the decision to steal. However, I had a big problemwith Marte pitching the 9th. Rivera should have been out there to start the inning. Now Marte is probably unavailable for tomorrow. Girardi has a habit of using Marte for 2 innings that needs to end now. That was clearly a mistake. It seemed like Joe Torre was back managing for a minute there. That ball that won the game should have been fielded by either Cano or Betemit. At least the other Wild Card teams lost. The next series is a big one. Minnesota is ahead in the wild card race and this is the time the Yankees need to step up. On the bright side Pettitte seemed to have pitched well. If he`s okay then it helps them a ton.

Also, Kennedy got sent down for Billy Traber. I wish it had been Melancon that was called up. However, I think it was a good move. I think it`d be nice to see Jarrod Washburn going on Wednesday..... If not I think they`ll end up trying Hughes for 85 pitches.

This is the time they need to step up and go on some sort of winning streak otherwise they`re just not going to make the playoffs. Boston has many of the same problems we do and they can be caught but right now I have to say I doubt they`ll do it.

2 comments:

Trinayuyj said...

Appetite suppressants are pills that can suppress your appetite so that your daily intake of calories is reduced. Hoodia Gordinii has been hailed as a revolutionary new supplement to help people Lose Weight easily. Experience decreased cravings for bad foods like ice cream. I want to buy hoodia tablets however i would prefer to buy them in ireland.

Keepers said...

Appetite suppressants are pills that can suppress your appetite so that your daily intake of calories is reduced. Hoodia Gordinii has been hailed as a revolutionary new supplement to help people Lose Weight easily. Experience decreased cravings for bad foods like ice cream. I want to buy hoodia tablets however i would prefer to buy them in ireland.